Bulgarian Cycling Association
BCA is an organisation for the promotion of cycling in Bulgaria for transport and tourism.
Founded in 2003, BCA
(Nacionalna Velosipedna Asociacia) promotes the popularization of cycling as a means a daily commuting and as an area with huge tourism potential. The purposes of BCA are:
- Development and establishment of a physical activity culture through cycling; establishment and popularization of cycling as a key tool for improving physical and mental health
- Organization of cycling tours in Bulgaria and abroad
- Construction and maintenance of a national network of cycling lanes and strengthening the cycling tourism sector in Bulgaria
- Laying road marking (road signs) on the existing and newly-built cycling lanes and tracks; creation of a GPS coordinates map of cycling lanes and tracks, accessible on the internet
- Establishment of cycling centers close to cycling lanes with the purpose of repair, maintenance, renting of bicycles and providing information
- Establishment of contact with similar clubs within the country and abroad; holding seminars, lectures and discussions. This will help in achieving their other goals.
- Participation in other associations, sports federations and other such organizations
- Procurement of financing for the activities from various funds and organizations