Fietsersbond campaigns for better cycling conditions in the Netherlands.
campaigns for better cycling conditions in the Netherlands.
The Fietsersbond has more than 35,000 members. With 150 local branches they work towards:
- Well maintained, smooth and direct cycling routes
- More and improved parking spaces for bikes
- Action against bicycle theft
- More safety in traffic for cyclists
They are involved in activities such as:
- Development of a crowd-sourced cycling route planner, maintained by volunteers
- Giving advice to local, regional and national authorities about cycling policy
- National and regional campaigns about cycling facilities, road safety and bike lighting.
- Research about cycling in the Netherlands
- Quarterly magazine for members
The Fietsersbond is a member of the European Cyclists' Federation and partner in the Dutch Cycling Embassy.