The Fietsersbond campaigns for better cycling conditions in the Netherlands.
The Fietsersbond has more than 35,000 members. With 150 local branches they work towards:
- Well maintained, smooth and direct cycling routes
- More and improved parking spaces for bikes
- Action against bicycle theft
- More safety in traffic for cyclists
They are involved in activities such as:
- Development of a crowd-sourced cycling route planner, maintained by volunteers
- Giving advice to local, regional and national authorities about cycling policy
- National and regional campaigns about cycling facilities, road safety and bike lighting.
- Research about cycling in the Netherlands
- Quarterly magazine for members
The Fietsersbond is a member of the European Cyclists' Federation and partner in the Dutch Cycling Embassy.
National Bike2Work website: http://www.fietsennaarhetwerk.nl/