1 month motivational competition with daily “Cycle Lotto” and a final award.
Austrian cycling organisation Radlobby Österreich
organises an annual Bike2Work campaign called 'Radelt Zur Arbeit'
in May. In 2015-2016 the campaign was a huge success with over 24.000 registered participants cycling more than 3,5 million km and reducing 500 tons of CO2 emissions!
How does it work?
Employees from the same company register in teams of 2-4 and log their kms and cycling days in an online campaign calendar during the month of May. All teams that cycle to work on at least half the days during the campaign period can win team prices in a final raffle at the end of the campaign.
All registered participants are also automatically included in the daily 'Cycle-Lotto' in which prices are given out every day in May! This is a real motivating factor, as is team spirit!
What makes it a success?
- Easy and free web-registration
- Trips can be combined with public transport
- 9 final events in the 9 provinces of Austria
- No need for CEOs to agree
- Funding by each province of Austria
- Sponsorship of prizes
Results of 2015:
- Cycled kilometres: 3,049,022
- Participants: 2,131 Companies, 3,794 Teams and 14.944 Cyclists
Results of 2016:
- Number of Participants: Registered 41,082 Active: 21,000
- Number of Participating Teams: 4,000
- Number of Participating Employers: 2,221
- Number of Kilometers by bicycle: 4,288,000
- Number of days cycled: 264,500
- Savings: 500 tons CO2
This Campaign was organised within the Bike2Work Project with the support of the IEE Programme.