'Vi cykler til arbejde' (Biketowork) in May
1 month motivational competition with participation fee and a final award
Danish cycling organisation 'Vi cykler til arbejde
' (Biketowork) organises an annual bike-to-work campaign for the whole month of May.
How does it work?
There are teams of 4-16 from the same company who fill in the campaign calender and then pay a participation fee of 50 DKK per person (6.70 euros). The teams then cycle to work as often as possible to increase their chances of winning the competition! Through this campaign, there are more than 10% new cyclists every year!
The campaign uses posters, flyers, advertisements and social media outlets to promote participation.
What makes it successful?
- 80 % of the companies pay the 50 DKK fee for their employees
- Involvement of the local community/ municipality
- Support of commercial partners as sponsors
- Social activities at the workplace and social activities in municipalities, e.g. pop-up cycle workshops
- 0 sick days
- 11,189 burned calories
- 57 kg CO2 saved
- 570 Danish Crowns saved
- N. of participants 65.690
- N. of participating team 6.587
- N. of participating companies
- N. of Km cycled 10.927.383