Annual bike-to-work campaign by 'Please Cycle' and 'Love to Ride'
3 week lasting fun and friendly “Workplace Cycle Challenges”.
British organisations 'Please Cycle
' and 'Love to Ride
' organise an annual bike-to-work campaign over a duration of 3 weeks.
How does it work?
The campaign is a fun and friendly competition between workplaces across a set geographical region. Workplaces compete to see who can get the highest percentage of people to log a cycle of trip of 10 minutes (minimum) over a three week period. Prizes are then awarded over a period of 2 weeks after the end of the competition.
The campaign has been very successful in getting non-cyclists to give cycling a try!
They use flyers, posters and social media to promote the campaign.
What makes it a success?
- Only ten minutes cycling (for work or leisure) qualifies as a trip
- Local branding
- Easy to use website to log journeys and host the competition
- A well-structured social marketing campaign
- Support of an on the ground coordinator during the intervention
- National project office facilitating the delivery of each workplace challenge campaign
- Making it competitive and fun!
- Main prize draw to encourage website registration; weekly spot prizes to encourage participation
- Supported cycling events during the competition
- Events with avard ceremonies
This campaign was organised within the Bike2Work Project with the support of the IEE Programme.