Some tips on how to fund your initiatives
Many of the bicycle measures need continuous financial support. It is often not easy, to secure such funding. However, there are possibilities to make funding more secure, also for the long term:
- You can introduce paid parking for cars, and use part of the revenue for cycling measures
- There is often public funding available, on municipal, regional, and national level: make sure you check these options
- Investing in cycling can be good for the public image of the company - so the cycling investment can become part of the marketing budget (for example branded bicycles)
- Some support can be tax-exempt - for example vouchers for bike shops
- For introducing paid parking, make a careful plan how to communicate, enforce rules, usage of revenue, etc.