Bicycle parking facilities
Provide enough and safe places to store bicycles during working hours
The supply of suitable bicycle parking facilities at the company site is an important requirement
and an essential motivation for employees to use the bike for their commute.
Optimum is covered facilities with racks that are shaped so that front wheel and bicycle frame can
be locked to the rack. Racks that only hold the front wheel should be avoided.
- Facilities should be close to the company entrance
- Adequate roofing so that even under heavy weather saddles stay dry
- Size: 2 meter x 80 centimeters per parking space
- At least 1 parking place per 5 employees
- Take into account a possible future extension
- Barrier free access or easily navigable ramps
- Good lighting is recommended (e.g. with motion sensors)
- Adequate space for parking and retrieving the bike
- Video surveillance if facilities cannot be easily observed
- You might initiate the transformation of car parking facilities into bicycle parking facilities